|Flour||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs), divided|
|Warm milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (at 125 degrees F)|
|Rapid rise yeast||10 Gram|
|Cooking spray||4 Dash|
|Canned poppy seeds||1 Can (10 oz)|
|For egg wash|
1. In a mixing bowl, add in the 2 cups of flour, sugar and butter. Mix well until pie like texture is obtained.
2. Add in the warm milk and mix well. Followed by rapid rise yeast and eggs. Mix well.
3. Stir in the ½ cup flour while stirring continuously. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with spatula.
4. When dough starts to form add in 3 tbsp. of the flour to make tighter dough.
5. Flour the surface of counter top and scrape out the dough and dust with flour. Knead the dough and cover with kitchen towel, for 10 minutes to rise.
6. Flour the dough again and roll into a square with rolling pin.
7. Place the poppy seeds over the sheet and spread evenly with the spatula. Leaving 1 inch from the sides.
8. Cut the dough into 2 equal parts and roll it like a jelly roll.
9. Grease an 8 inch loaf pan with cooking spray. And place the roll seam side down. Repeat the process with other half.
10. Warm the oven and turn off. Place the bread dough on upper rack and cover with towel. Let it rise for 90 minutes.
11. Meanwhile make an egg wash – in a small bowl, mix together egg and water. Set aside.
12. Take out the loaf from the oven.
13. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.MAKING
14. Coat the loaf with egg wash and sprinkle sugar over it.
15. Bake in oven for 30 minutes.SERVING
16. Serve poppy seeds bread with tea or coffee.
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 43.2 mg
Sodium 19 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 7 g14.5%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 27.2% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet