|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , diced|
|Purple onion||1⁄4 , diced|
|Sweet onion||1 Small, diced|
|Taco seasoning||1 Tablespoon (1 packet)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooking spray||2 Dash|
|Taco shells||10 Small|
|Refried beans||1 Pound|
|Taco blend cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded (Shredded cheddar and Monterrey jack cheese)|
|Taco bell sauce||16 Ounce|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a casserole with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a saucepan, add in the ground beef and cook until done. Drain the excess fat and set aside.
3. Into the same pan, add in the green bell pepper, purple onion and sweet onion. Sauté for few minutes.
4. Add in the beef back to the pan. Season with taco seasoning and pour in water. Cook until mixture is translucent. Take out the beef mixture into a large bowl and set aside.MAKING
5. In the prepared casserole dish place 3 taco shells on bottom and spread ½ of refried beans with a spatula, press down the shells while spreading beans. Top with half of beef mixture and 1 cup of cheese blend. Spread all the ingredients evenly.
6. Place 4 taco shells in opposite direction, layer with refried beans and spread with spatula. Top with remaining beef and cheese blend, reserving 1 tbsp. for final layer.
7. Top the lasagna with remaining taco shells and taco sauce. Sprinkle remaining cheese blend and bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
8. Serve Mexican Lasagna with salad.
Calories 520 Calories from Fat 333
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.3%
Saturated Fat 17.9 g89.3%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 97.3 mg
Sodium 1210 mg50.4%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 26 g52.4%
Vitamin A 88.5% Vitamin C 13.3%
Calcium 51.7% Iron 23.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet