This video is about making home made Italian cookies. Quick and easy to make too!
Melted butter 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Shortening 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
All purpose flour 3 Cup (48 tbs)
Baking powder 5 Teaspoon
Salt 1 Pinch
Sugar 3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
Vanilla extract 2 Teaspoon
Powdered sugar 2 Cup (32 tbs)
Anise extract 1 Teaspoon
Milk 6 Teaspoon
Nonpareil decors 2 Tablespoon (For topping)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Put melted butter and shortening in a stand mixer. Mix them together.
3. Sift and add flour, baking powder and salt to the mixer.
4. Blend everything together. Meanwhile, drop in sugar and blend that as well.
5. While the batter is still getting blended, crack four eggs into the batter and continue to mix.
6. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix everything for a minute.
7. Spoon cookies to a cookie sheet with the help of a spoon.
8. Put the cookie sheet in the oven for 8 to 9 minutes or until done.
9. Let the cookies cool on the side.
10. Meanwhile, prepare the glaze by whisking together powdered sugar, anise extract and milk until all glossy.
11. Spread glaze on the cookies when they are cold.
12. Sprinkle nonpareils over them.
13. Serve these cookies with coffee or otherwise and enjoy.
Calories 129 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 30 mg10%
Sodium 70.6 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.28 g1.1%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 2 g3.7%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.7% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet