This video is about making home made EMPANADAS. Quick and easy to make too!
Purple onion 1 , chopped
Olive oil 2 Tablespoon
Garlic 5 Clove (25 gm), diced
Hard boiled eggs 2 , diced
Ground beef 1 Pound
Beef broth 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Boiled potatoes 2 , diced
Biscuit dough 1 Pound, separated into balls
Water 1 Tablespoon
1. Heat oil in a frying pan, saute onions and garlic.
2. Drop in ground beef and brown it in the pan.
3. Add beef broth and let it reduce.
4. Take potatoes and eggs in a bowl. Drop in cooked beef mixture and fold everything well to prepare the filling.
5. Flatten biscuit dough portions and roll them up.
6. Put a spoon full of filling into to the biscuit dough. Fold it over and then pinch the top layer over the second layer and then pinch it with a fork.
7. Repeat the same to make other empanadas. Place them on the baking dish.
8. Beat an egg with water to make the egg wash.
9. Brush the egg wash over the empanadas.
10. Place in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the empanadas are golden brown.
11. Serve them with a sauce of your choice. Enjoy.
Calories 244 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.4%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64 mg21.3%
Sodium 391.7 mg16.3%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 9 g18.6%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet